To content

Professorships, civil servants

We take care of and advise university professors, professorship representatives, junior professors, teachers seconded to us in the NRW school service and all civil servants in science, technical facilities and administration from their appointment to the termination of their civil service relationship. We are happy to support you in all matters relating to personnel law and strategy, of course also before you are employed at TU Dortmund University.

Legal basis

Civil service law is based on the German Basic Law, specifically Article 33(5), according to which civil service law is to be regulated and developed taking into account the traditional principles of professional civil service.

Civil service law includes all provisions that regulate the legal status of civil servants. This does not only include the general civil service laws, career regulations or the law on remuneration and pensions. Supplementary regulations, such as provisions on leave, travel expenses or allowances, are also part of civil service law.

The applicable legal provisions and laws for civil servants in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia can be found in the ServicePortal.

Your civil service relationship

In the ServicePortal you will also find the recruitment documents as well as further information on personnel matters for civil servants at TU Dortmund University.

If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us:

If you have any questions about appointment procedures, appointment committees and dual career, you are welcome to contact the colleagues in the Staff Unit Appointment Management directly.

Current job advertisements at TU Dortmund University can be found under "Open Positions".

Occupational accidents suffered by civil servants are reported and processed here as part of the accident insurance scheme. You can find the corresponding notification in the ServicePortal.

The practical training of TU's internal Bachelor of Law candidates in the area of human resources also takes place here in the subject area.

Your remuneration

The payment and reporting of the remuneration is initially carried out by us as your competent department.

If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us:

The Landesamt für Besoldung Versorgung NRW (LBV) is subsequently responsible for calculating and paying the remuneration for all civil servants.

Here you can find the according contact persons at the LBV .

If you have any questions on the subject of allowances, you are welcome to contact the colleagues at the allowance office directly.